fredag den 8. juni 2012

How to say goodbye, again.

Fairy Cakes from my manager


Today was my last day with Byrne Bros for whom I've been working for 9 months of my residency in the UK. Basically this means: no more issuing of references, no further liaison with applicants, no more struggling with the stupid timber report or weekly labour. No more work for 2 friggin' months! Which is a pretty decent amount of time. Holiday... To be honest with you I think I might have a not-working-50-hours-a-week-anymore-issue-kind-of-thing? And that's kind of ridiculous! I should be out celebrating right now. Dancing and jumping around. I mean, I do feel relief in some way but at the same time giving up so much hard work and hand it over to some else in only a week is a bit harsh and saying goodbye to all my lovely colleagues was really very challenging. I've grown very fond of these people and it's going to be weird not having them around every day. Crazy and silly as they may be I still love them to bits. Earlier today my manager sneaked up on me and went: "Laura, do you have a minute?" and pointing me into the small meeting room aka trouble with a very serious look on his face. He sat down, looked at me and then this huge smile appeared on his face! And he went: "So! How's your day been so far?" and I could finally release the tensions and worried wrinkles on my face... We chatted away and all of a sudden he hands over this huge box of chocolates and "fairy cakes" and goes: "Here you go! Thought you could hand these out to your colleagues if you'd like. And also, when can you pop out for lunch?!" I was way confused by the whole situation but after I had some time to think and got over my blonde moment we went out to the local pub The White Horse where he had a lovely "Sleezie Cheesie" Burger and a nice long conversation about life and... divorse?! Anyway, I had a really lovely day thanks to my manager and wonderful colleagues!

...

I remember when I left Denmark in September and I thought: "This must be the hardest thing I've ever had to do." And maybe it was. Back then. But now I've made a living for myself here in London. And I've loved almost every minute of it! So going back to Denmark is not as easy as I thought it would be. 

So I have come to say... These 9 months have been the hardest, most challenging but none the less the most amazing months of my life! ... at least so far! 

 ♥

I wish everyone a lovely weekend! 

ALL my love 

xxx 


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar